When debugging VC6 code from within VS2015, "Microsoft Visual Studio Delay Notification" icon appears in the system tray and VS2015 becomes frozen.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:40 PM
Hi Owen,

I deeply appreciate your great job on making daffodil which saved our life and made a beautiful bridge to VS2015.

Currently I have an issue debugging a code written in VC6 and interfaced by VB6. When I attach the c++ code to the executable of this code which is generated by VB6, the "Microsoft Visual Studio Delay Notification" icon appears in the system tray and when I click on that, this message is shown:

"Microsoft Visual Studio is waiting for an internal operation to complete. If you regularly encounter this delay during normal usage, please report this problem to Microsoft."

The same code was fully working under VC6 IDE and I could attach it to the same process and put breakpoints and trace the code, but recently under VS2015, my breakpoints will not be hit and the system will get very slow and nothing happens except the mentioned message. Even the window for the executable file of this project will become kind of frozen.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Kind Regards,
Masih
Aug 23, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Hi Owen,

I managed to solve this problem by a number of workarounds and I'm not sure which one solved the issue. But my guess is that, it was trying to load Microsoft Symbols and since the computer did not have access to Internet, it went frozen.

I'll put more info in case I found more clues.

Thanks and apologize for posting this.

Kind Regards,
Masih